Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Transfer Big Files

If you have an exceptionally large file to send to someone, check out http://transferbigfiles.com/

What it Does
The site allows you to upload a file to their site and send a link to the file via email. The file remains available for a couple of days.

How I Discovered This
A couple colleagues and I created a video for the Classrooms for the Future Bootcamp. The final product was 90Mb and my email account would not allow me to send a file that big. (Even if it did, chances are the other person's account would not allow them to receive a file that large) I didn't want to sacrifice quality by making the file size smaller and I didn't want to make our mentor wait for a CD in the mail, so I went looking for a free way to transfer the file. First, I tried to host it on my Wikispaces account and then on my GoDaddy hosted account. It was too big for the free versions I use. Then, my Technology Coordinator recommended TransferBigFiles. It worked great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.