Thursday, October 16, 2008

Trading Cards in the Classroom

At the CFF Boot Camp, I attended a session where a History teacher showed us some trading cards the students made for different historical figures. I figured we could us this activity in our history classes by assigning students different historic figures and having them create cards for them. My idea was to print them and laminate them just like the presenter did. However, I would like to see each student walk away with a full set of all the cards made by their class. I am trying to figure out an efficient way to print an laminate all of those cards. If a class has 20 students and each student makes a card, that would be a total of 400 cards to print and laminate for that class. Imagine if the teacher taught that class during three different periods. That would be 1200 cards. I would alsolike to see English teachers use this activity for characters of a story. Image assigning each student a different character from Romeo and Juliet. I made an example for Juliet. I posted it here. If anyone has an idea for an effective way to print an laminate all of these, let me know.

No comments: