Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fuzzwich - Animation for Everyone ???

I stumbled upon Fuzzwich while catching up on Twitter. Fuzzwich allows the user to create a mini video.  There are characters you will recognized, but you can replace their heads with yours.  It looks like it would be a useful tool for storytelling.  BUT...

I am still on the fence (leaning toward the no side) when it comes to using it in the classroom.  Here's why.

1.  I think the students would get the hang of the site quickly.  But, the actions are very limited and include fighting moves.  On a positive note, you can change the facial expressions.

2.  Some of the characters have weapons and there is a dog you can make pee on things.

Don't get me wrong.  I had a lot of fun playing with the site and I could see myself playing with it for hours.  I just wouldn't use it in a classroom setting.

Here's a short video I made with Fuzzwich

No comments: