Monday, March 3, 2008

Blabberize History

I had a great idea about how we can use Blabberize in the classroom. For those of you not familiar with Blabberize, it is a website that allows you to upload a picture and make it talk. I thought it would be cool to use it in history class. This is a good way to get historical figures to "talk" to the students. All you need to do is find a picture of the historical figure, upload it to blabberize.com, and talk as if you are that person. I prerecorded what I wanted him to say with audacity and then tweeked my voice. I chose Ben Franklin to test this idea. Check him out below. You'll have to excuse the sound quality, I didn't have a microphone handy and I was using the one that is built into the laptop. Also, pretend that the few seconds of silence at the beginning aren't there.



No comments: